Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Republica Update/There Is No Such Thing As The Perfect Fit


I had a very close friend in town this past weekend and as I was walking her to Grand Central station to catch the bus to LGA, I told her the story of my prom dress. My senior year in high school I found the perfect dress. It was just what I had envisioned: simple, elegant, lavender with some beading, but it most certainly didn’t look like all of the other horrendous Jessica McClintock frocks my fellow senior girls would be rocking and regretting for years to come. I could not have designed a better dress myself if I had commissioned the work. So, I did what any red-blooded American girl would do when finding the perfect ensemble - I bought another dress. I picked-up a little spaghetti strapped black number that yes, was much more flattering on my then curvy girl figure, but I still think of the lavender gown that I fell in love with, and proceeded to walk away from.
This was not an isolated incident. (Read More)
april 2011

No comments: