Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Republica Update/Happy 30th Birthday




Thirty is this mythical number upon which I have rested all of my hopes and dreams. My friends and family have been listening to me belabor this point for years. By the big 3-0 I had intended on accomplishing a litany of goals arbitrarily set for myself with the notion that this off ramp onto adulthood was so far in the future that it would be seemingly impossible NOT to achieve said benchmarks.
Run a marathon; move back home; enroll in grad school; travel the globe. I had my sights set on a number of things I felt necessary to do when I was still young, energetic and stupid enough to want to. My question now is, how did 22 with a laundry list of things to do become 29 and a half in the blink of an eye? (Read More)

march 2011

2 comments:

A to the K said...

Not a bad way to spend your twenties, if you ask me. Don't worry, your thirties are better...if you let them be. :o)

Unknown said...

B.

If you truly want something I am sure you will find a way to get it. It's good to make a plan. That does not mean you must follow it. You must also allow fate to play its hand, which you can not do if you only follow the straight and narrow.

J.