Thursday, January 13, 2011

inspired by snow





i am a fighter. i have been fighting forever. fighting to make my own choices. fighting to do my own thing. fighting to be whomever it is i want to be. in recent years the fight has been to, as mentioned previously, remain a californian in the metropolis known as new york city.








this winter, my 6th here i believe, has finally gotten to me.

no longer am i begrudgingly pulling my snow boots on or fumbling angrily for my metro card burdened with mittened fingers. this year i am welcoming the cold, relishing the layers of clothes, and finding the beauty that is the change of the seasons.









back from california now for just a week, i have had the opportunity to be out with camera in hand and have felt inspired by the snow and enjoying this snowy winter because it, like everything else, ends.




january 2010

No comments: