Friday, August 27, 2010

these are a few of my favorite things...

if you know me at all, you are aware of my penchant for old men. not in a creepy, geriatric fetishistic way, but an affinity for old men that is most likely based on my amazing grandpa benevento. that being said, i love me some religious imagery. not sure where this came from. i suppose whether or not your parents indoctrinate you with the word of his holiness, if you have irish and italian blood pumping through your veins, you're bound to love some gilded frames and a little madonna and child is necessary to home furnishings. for me its a little more like guadalupe, but we won't get into my ethnic confusion today.

this shot was taken a couple of weeks back on 182nd between audubon and st. nick at a street fair. this means, not only does this image have an old man with pants just slightly too high and cinched to his aging waistline, rep'ing jesus cristo, but its also my hood, and as with any street fair, an excellent opportunity to acquire cheap doorknockers bound to turn your ears green and get caught up and in the way with every east coast cheek kiss throughout the day.

in other words, heaven.
..



august 2010

No comments: