Friday, May 13, 2011

The Republica Update/Recycle Reduce Reuse


In the words of a wise and seasoned troubadour, “what goes around comes back around.” Now, I believe what JT was saying here is that karma is a bitch, as illustrated in his epic video for the song of the same name whose only redeeming quality was Scarlett Johansson’s ever growing cleavage, but I digress.
As a Californian I grew up being green and this conditioning has permeated every part of my being and influenced every facet of my complicated existence. This does not, in any way, exclude dating. Who of us doesn’t find comfort in revisiting an old lover? Much like that dress you find in the back of your closet that you had long forgotten about, you instantly fall in love all over again, as it is well worn and you remember that one great party you attended in it. Nostalgia takes over. It fits like a dream; the print is so cute. How could I have survived so long without this dress in steady rotation in your wardrobe? Then, much like any revisited romance, the flaws become more evident - slowly, but surely. The moth hole by the seem you always forgot about. That stain in the armpits from that time your sister borrowed it. And wait; does it make my butt look big? Trust me, if you don’t send that dress packing to Goodwill right then and there, it will happen all over again next Springtime. (Read More)
may 2011


No comments: